Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bill: Hillary best VP pick

Not that anyone's surprised by this, but Former President Bill Clinton said Monday that while Sen. Joe Biden was a "good choice" to be Barack Obama's running mate, his wife, New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, "would have been the best politically."

"It's a very personal decision, who should be vice president," Clinton said on ABC's The View. "I think that [Obama] felt more comfortable with another choice, and you have to respect that."

"I like Sen. Biden a lot. I think he was a good choice," said the former president, before adding of his wife, "She would have been the best politically, at least in the short run, because of her enormous support in the country."

However, he reveals that Hil didn't want to be Obama's running mate.

Well, duh.

"She said that if he asked 'I'll do it because it's my duty' but I think, look, she loves being a senator from New York."


[Source: politico.com]

No comments: